The Annual Personnel Study is a profile and analysis of changes and trends in the deployment of International Mission Board overseas personnel.
What does the 2012 Annual Personnel Study tell us about SBC missionaries? As a group at the end of 2012:
• 86.9% (4,215) married and 13.1% (635) single
• 53.7% (2,606) women and 46.3% (2,244) men
• Long-term mean age 45, median age 45, mode 34
• Short-term mean age 37, median age 27, mode 24
• Long-term personnel length of service mean 11 years, median 9 years, mode 6 year
The number of missionaries decreased from 4,857 in 2011 to a year-end total of 4,850, a net loss of 7. The total number of long-term personnel (Career and Apprentice) experienced a net loss of 13, while the number of short-term personnel (ISC, Journeyman, and Masters) had a net gain of six people.
Learn about our service opportunities.