We gather, analyze, systematize, preserve and disseminate strategic information for the multiplying of churches among all peoples.
The Global Research Department consists of the following sections:
- Analysis - Analyzes strategic information for communicating mission-critical findings to missions strategists.
- Field Services and Assessments - Identifies, develops, and communicates approaches that promote evangelism, church growth, and Church Planting Movements within people groups and people groups segments. Leads in field assessments in order to provide objective reports measuring the vitality of overseas work. Communicates lessons learned to other missions strategists.
- Jenkins Research Library - Provides expertise in research services and assistance for field personnel, IMB staff, trustees, SBC constituents, and the general public as well as country and people-group materials and reference services for missionaries and missionary candidates.
- International Learning Center Libraries - Provide research services and assistance for field personnel, children of field personnel and IMB staff. An important function of the libraries is to design and conduct age-appropriate research training and library orientations for adults and children.
- Archives and Records Management - Serves as the corporate memory of the International Mission Board by identifying, organizing and preserving information that reflects the Southern Baptist international missions experience. Makes this information available through appropriate applications and formats to assist in decision making.
- Research Data and Delivery Services - Gathers strategic information from field personnel, national believers, mission agencies, and researchers. Develops, maintains, and promotes systems for linking mission-critical information. Reports strategic information to internal and external missions strategists.
The heart of the Global Research Department is the provision of accurate, relevant and strategic information for Southern Baptists and other partners around the world. Our stewardship is one of advocacy for the unreached who still remain as such, and our confidence is in a God who will one day gather a vast multitude from every nation, tribe, people, and language, which no one can number. It is our prayer that what we provide will contribute to this vision for His glory.